SAN DIEGO MOVERS
Cross Country San Diego Movers make moving a simple and enjoyable experience.
Top-Rated San Diego Movers
Moving from San Diego. Moving to San Diego.
Moving from San Diego, California to Houston, Texas with Cross Country Movers
Have you finally decided to leave San Diego, California? Is Houston, Texas your chosen destination? What a great choice! Once you have found your new home, it is time to begin your moving process. The first thing you should do is find reliable cross country movers. So, we suggest that you contact Cross Country Movers to schedule your moving day. We are one of the best San Diego movers out there, so you won’t regret hiring us.
Do you need long distance car shipping service or you want your belongings stored for a couple of days as well? Don’t worry, we at Cross Country Movers offer a wide variety of services, including professional packing, residential moving, providing moving boxes and other moving supplies, regular and enclosed auto transport, and storage. Speaking of auto transport, we should mention that there are several options for you to choose from if you opt for us as your San Diego movers. For instance, we leave it to our customers to pick either open or enclosed car shipping depending on their needs and their moving budget. For those of you who want us to transport a highly valuable show car, for example, we suggest you ask for enclosed carrier, just to make sure your precious vehicle is fully protected. Another choice you need to make is between door to door and terminal to terminal delivery. If you can’t decide all by yourself, we are at your disposal to help you make up your mind. Whatever you choose in the end, do know that we can deliver your car intact to Houston or any other place in the US.
For more information, feel free to contact our representatives, and they will tell you more about your long distance move. You have dependable and devoted San Diego movers by your side, so do not hesitate to ask for help. Now, read on to learn something about people who already call Houston home and about the city alone. You need to find out as much as possible about your future home before the actual move, and we are here to help you with that, too.
People from Houston are called Houstonians, and there is so many of them. Over two million people live in the city of Houston, while more than 6 million call the Houston metro area their home. This makes Houston the fourth most populous city in United States. Houston is a surprisingly multicultural city. This can be in part explained by the fact that it has numerous academic institutions which attract young people of different backgrounds each year. It is also home to numerous corporations which employ those who move to Houston. It has been estimated that Houstonians speak almost a hundred languages! The city’s residents are racially diverse as well.
No matter where you are moving from or what your background story is, you can rest assured that you will feel at home here.
Houston belongs to the humid subtropical climate zone. This means that summers here are quite hot (usually over 90 degrees) and very humid. The hottest temperature ever recorded in Houston was 109 degrees, which happened in both 2000 and 2011.
Unlike Houston summers, winters here are mild and pleasant. Average January temperatures revolve around 53 degrees. It rarely snows here, however, flooding of certain areas is fairly common.
Before you start packing your belongings for your relocation to Houston, you might consider organizing a garage sale and selling your winter clothes. It will save you space in your moving boxes, and you will make some money on the side as well.
Another crucial thing that you should do before you hire professional cross country movers is decide where exactly in Houston you want to live. There are numerous great neighborhoods here, and we have decided to shortlist some of the best ones for your convenience.
Without further ado, here are the best Houston neighborhoods:
Without further ado, here are the best Houston neighborhoods:
- Cinco Ranch:This neighborhood offers excellent schools, and its real estate market is quite stable. The population is quite diverse, it has plentiful outdoor and nightlife opportunities. However, it is not one of the cheapest neighborhoods in the city.
- Sugar Land. Doesn’t this neighborhood sound amazing? It is only slightly more expensive than Cinco Ranch, but it offers all the amenities the previous neighborhood does. It also has low crime rates and many job opportunities.
- El Lago. A bit cheaper than the previous two, this neighborhood is home to great schools and family amenities. Living here means finding a job quite easily and having a short daily commute. It also offers plentiful outdoor activities.
- Shenandoah. With costs of living equaling those in El Lago, this neighborhood boasts good school and a stabile real estate market. Commuting to work from here might take a little longer, but finding a job should not pose any problems.
- West University Place. Another one of the not-so-cheap neighborhoods, this area boasts amazing educational opportunities. It has a very lively nightlife, while family amenities are plentiful. Outdoor activities might be a little harder to find than in the previous neighborhoods, but commuting will take you very little time.
Things to do in Houston
If you have never been to Houston before, that means that by moving here, you will get a whole new city to explore. Getting to know such a large place from scratch can be a demanding task. For this reason, we have decided to compile a list of fun things to do in your first days living in Houston:
- The Pride Parade. Although located in the traditionally conservative south, Houston is the capital of tolerance. In fact, this was the first major city to elect an openly homosexual mayor. Three times. It goes without saying that its Pride Parade is spectacular.
- NASA. The Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center, the home and Mission Control Center for the U. S. human spaceflight program is located in Houston. In fact, the first word uttered on the surface of the moon was “Houston”. How cool is that? Visit the Houston Space Center to find out more about this.
- Swaminarayan Mandir. Don’t worry, we weren’t so sure what that was either until we googled it. This is the first traditional Hindu temple in the country and it is absolutely breathtaking! The amazing thing was – it was built in India, shipped to Houston, and then reassembled. The access to the temple is not limited to Hindus – people of other religions are welcome to visit it and learn about Hinduism and India.
- The Arts. Houston is not just a scientific city, but an artistic one as well. Visit the Museum of Fine Arts to see the largest art collection in the Southwest of America. If performing arts are more your style, head to the Miller Outdoor Theatre, where you can enjoy Shakespeare’s work while sprawling on the grass.
- Astrodome. You would think that since the Astrodome closed down back in 1999, it has been standing there vacant and forgotten. Not on Houstonians’ watch! Today, the Astrodome serves as a huge food truck park. Amazing, isn’t it?
- Rodeo. Yeah, yeah, Texas and rodeo, how surprising. But the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is the largest rodeo in the world! Who would want to miss out on that? And it’s not just cowboys riding horses – this Rodeo features concerts, kids’ events, and other fun activities.
There is so much more one can do in Houston. But we don’t want to spoil the fun for you. We suggest you go out and explore the city yourself once our team of cross country movers help you settle in here. We’re sure you won’t regret it.
Are you ready to move to Houston? If so, contact Cross Country Movers today to get some of the best moving price estimates and additional moving tips. You have found your perfect San Diego movers, so don’t waste a single second hesitating. Call us as soon as possible to schedule your long distance move with one of the most reliable cross country movers in the US. We are looking forward to working with you.
We move you anywhere within the USA
Cross Country Long Distance Movers are one of the top rated moving companies in the United States. If you are relocating to or from San Diego and are looking for reliable San Diego movers, then Cross Country Movers will be glad to help. We have an exceptional reputation for providing the best services possible and aim to give you a stress-free, safe and impeccable move.
We know how stressful driving long distances can be, whether it is for relocation purposes or other reasons. That is why we offer the best professional auto shipping services. With us, you can rest assured that your vehicle will be safe throughout its trip.
We offer affordable cross country moving prices that depend on several factors. These include the size of your home or business, the number of items being moved, and the location of your destination. With Cross Country Movers, you won’t have to worry about any hidden fees and charges. We will provide you with a flat price estimate depending on your exact inventory.
Our San Diego movers have been trained to pack items professionally and efficiently. We use high-quality moving boxes and other types of customized containers to ensure that all your belongings are fully protected. Whether it is your dishes, chairs, gadgets, or artwork that you need packed, our professional packers can do it.
Serving San Diego and the surrounding area